The Green Club which has the student members, strives to develop love of nature and adventure and to instill awareness of the environment in the college community. It works for the upliftment and conservation of trees and makes people aware of environmental problems such as deforestation, land degradation, water pollution, and global warming caused by imprudent greeds of humans.
The activities of this club include:(on environmental awareness and improvement of environment)
- Organise seminars, debates, lectures and popular talks on environmental issues in the College.
- Campaign against plastic carry bags, use of loud speakers, fireworks, use of unnecessary horns and promote recycling of glass and metals, accumulation of water in the neighbourhood water bodies.
- Field visit to environmentally important sites including polluted and degraded sites, wildlife parks, etc.
- Organise rallies, marches, form human chains and perform street plays at public places with a view to spread environmental awareness.
- Action based activities like tree plantation, cleanliness drives both within and outside the College campus.
- Grow kitchen gardens, maintain vermin-composting pits, construct water-harvesting structures in the College, practice paper recycling, etc.
- Prepare inventories of polluting sources and forward it to enforcement agencies.
- Maintenance of public places like parks and gardens both within and outside the College campus.
- Mobilise action against environmentally unsound practices like garbage disposal in unauthorised places, unsafe disposal of hospital wastes, etc.
- Beautify selected road side area with plants and flowers and put campaign boards to generate awareness.
- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.